Friday, October 1, 2010

The World Equestrian Games -- Day 6?

I know, it's Friday and you've been dying for a new blog post all week and been wondering why the heck I haven't written anything.  Who would've imagined that I would have been out at the World Equestrian Games almost everyday (except Monday which was raining but a really fun day anyway -- saving that for another post).

These aren't our actual bikes, however, we \
did ride bikes out there.  THREE TIMES!!
I think I'm officially a WEG addict.  My beloved sister (aka Mere) from SC has been in town since last Friday night (and we had Isabug here over the weekend too and are now missing her soooo much) and after the kids leave for school, we keep finding ourselves at the World Equestrian Games.  Tuesday, it started as a morning bike ride activity on the new Legacy Trail.  The next thing you know, there we are credit cards in hand at the Horse Park gates buying our $25 grounds passes to the park.  It was only 10 a.m. and it did seem like a shame to ride our bikes all the way out there and not actually go in.


Pretty horses...
 Wednesday, we're back again.  This time with tickets to Grand Prix Dressage courtesy of my mom and dad who wanted to take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go to the World Equestrian games.  They so nicely told me to buy tickets to any event that we wanted to go to for both of my sisters and for them.  (Silly me, I should have bought the $600 tickets to the Maker's Mark Pavilion).  Dressage looked to be at the best time for our schedule and it was fantastic to watch.  In retrospect, it was the perfect contrast to the Reining Championships we went to over the weekend! 


The California Cowgirls...their show is AWESOME!
Before we even left on Wednesday, we already decided to give in to the draw of the Games and come back on Thursday.  Maybe it was the opportunity to see the California Cowgirls.  Or, the Double Dans.  There's just so much to do and so much to see.  It's absolutely irresistible!

2 comments:

iselby said...

I'm so glad that you got to see the Double Dan's! Didn't you love their Flight of the Conchords style!

Peddie said...

I wish I knew what you all were talking about!!! But I atleast know enough that it's awesome and that it's going on... I love that bikes picture of you dear schwesters too - I bet you had THE BEST time there of anybody. How cool...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails