Friday, October 29, 2010

coming soon...Official BluegrassMom blogger

Dear Potential Future Employer of My Children:

If you are reading this blog because you are trying to find out if my children are going to be good employees of your company, shame on you.  If, for example, you think my 12-year old son (who shall remain nameless in this particular post) would be unsuitable for employment because he once combed his hair with a salad fork OR thought a ball-point pen would work well as a first line of defense if facing down a wolf than perhaps my son ought not to work for you.

Sincerely,
Gwennie

P.S. If you are reading this blog because you just like being at home with us in the Bluegrass, we probably like you too. 

And, to those dear readers, guess what!  I'm going to be an official Herald-Leader (Kentucky.com) BluegrassMom Blogger.  Okay, some of you know that already because you know me in real life and I told you, but, I hope you won't mind that I'm selling out to be perhaps read by a larger audience.  Who knows!  Chances are it will still be the same 6 people who are reading this at the moment.  A girl can dream though (and in that dream Jennifer Aniston plays me in the movie).  Anyway, I hope the new readers don't mind that I don't always blog about parenting except that I'm ALWAYS a parent so therefore everything I write is about being a mom, right? 

And, to the person who declared that my children were going to HATE me (LOL...you know who you are), MR is cool with the new audience -- she read a few posts and didn't think it was too embarrassing.  Pfshew...I was little bit worried about that but I figured if she liked "Bike Lexington" all would be well. She did.  

Oh, and about the above letter to my children's future employers. I read an article recently about all the digital impressions of our children that were flying around the Internet these days--kids with their own domain names, baby photos on Facebook pages and blogs, et cetera.  The article claims that one day employers would be using this info to find out background info on potential employees  judging that if they were late potty trainers they might be "slow".  So, I just want to be perfectly clear, right now and forever more, that I firmly believe that the goofy things children do should not be held against them by anyone -- future employers OR voters  -- with the exception of their siblings who may tease them until the end of time about things they did as a kid.

Have I ever told you about when my brother pistol-whipped me after watching Wild Wild West?

6 comments:

Peddie said...

Hah, I would hire W*** in a second... he shows resourcefulness! And where is this bloggermom thing?

Unknown said...

congrats!

iselby said...

Yay, more people to comment with us!

Peddie said...

I know, yay... but we will still be your BEST commenters!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

You all are the best commenters?, commentators? a blogger ever had!!!

Peddie said...

Hehee... this is so not the same thing, but I saw it and though I should post it here:

http://nerdyapplebottom.com/2010/11/02/my-son-is-gay/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails