Saturday, October 2, 2010

Spotlight Lexington

Happy Saturday.  I have a house full of guests!  Again!  Love it!  Some of whom came for WEG, some of whom came for a sleepover, and some just using us as way station while driving to Florida (but they're going to go to WEG while they are here).  Marc went out early and we have a huge box of carbs for our guests from Magee's Bakery -- my favorite including almond croissants!--and reported in that Magee's was full of Europeans.  Some Frenchies were standing at the counter holding a giant cinnamon bun while rapidly speaking French.  I wondered if they were questioning the quality of American pastry but he thinks they were yammering that "no wonder Americans are so freaking fat!!  Look at the size of this thing!"


Laura Bell Bundy at Spotlight Lexington in very short dress
Here's a picture from our great adventure last night.  As part of the World Equestrian Games, Lexington is hosting Spotlight on Lexington -- a festival of art and music.  We've had some great talent in town and last night we just had to go see Laura Bell Bundy (Broadway star -- Hairspray, Legally Blonde -- turned country music wannabe star).  There was a great crowd and the critical review of Laura Bell Bundy from my party of girls was that her dress was really short and they wished she were singing Broadway Show tunes.  Okay, really. that was just Mary Rollins and me wishing for Broadway show tunes.  After all, why would you want to be anything but a Broadway star?   For Seth Rudetsky fans (you know who you are) we think she's a head singer.

All in all, it was fun!  We stayed for three of her songs, pet the mounted police horses, MR's BFF stepped in some horse manure that was in the street -- one of the downsides of being "The Horse Capitol of the World", and went home to our little abode. 

Have I mentioned that anyone who lives within a day's driving distance to Lexington and doesn't come for the World Equestrian Games is missing the opportunity of a lifetime? 

2 comments:

iselby said...

I need more WEG in my life. My two days of excitement was not enought...

Peddie said...

I, Sethrudetskyfan, agree that she should have sang more broadway tunes as well, but since I wasn't there, my opinion might matter less than to her beloved crowd. I wish she didn't have the name "bundy" though.... bah.

I want Isabug to post about getting tackled by tons of cuteness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails