Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Fall...It's nice to see you again...

Pumpkin Picking 2004...just a little blast from the past
It must be Fall.  Yesterday, I wore a coat the entire day.  Even inside on two listing appointments and a home inspection.  I couldn't seem to warm up which seemed ironic because it was so chilly and dark at 6 am here that I ran on the treadmill for the first time in months and couldn't cool down for more than an hour afterwards.  But, I guess once I did cool down that was that.  This morning, I just came upstairs to write for a bit and I can smell the furnace which we turned on yesterday.  When MR came home from school yesterday, she even said, "oooooh, I love that smell when we first turn on the furnace in the Fall!"    It is certainly a scent that they haven't made into a potpourri yet.  Maybe we could and name it, "Fall Furnace". Or, maybe our duct work needs cleaning.

I probably spend too much time inside my head debating my favorite season.  I like them all no question -- one of the best parts of Kentucky is having four seasons but the real choice is always between Fall and Spring.  At this moment though, even with our trees a little too dry for the glorious autumn colors they normally achieve, I think Fall wins.  Boots, football, leaf raking, pumpkins, Halloween, sweaters, the beginning of Nutcracker season...

Of course, remind me of that next Spring when I am extolling the beauty of daffodils and looking back through pictures of Spring Break and Easter Egg Hunts.

In the meantime, I'm going to go make some pumpkin muffins and see what happened yesterday at the World Equestrian Games.  What's your favorite part of Fall?

6 comments:

iselby said...

Fall always wins hands-down in my book. I think I like it so much because it's comforting, like a nice baguette slathered in butter and French cheese. Not too cold yet, but just cold enough to give you an extra burst of energy after the hot hot summer.

Here is my equation:

Comfort food = excellent = Comfort fall.

iselby said...

Oh and PLEASE more blast from the pasts! My little cousins are so cute!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I love a food-based metaphor, Isabug.

Peddie said...

Is this a blog that I missed from earlier on? I happended to click on one of those "you might also like" buttons because I just had to see the picture with all the pumpkins in it. It also makes me think you should have a "blast from the past" much like Isabug's "Memory Lane" ;) Or maybe the kiddlins are still not far enough along in years for it to be cute rather than embarassing... hmmm.

I also don't understand Isabelle's equation... but I'm bad in Math ;)

AND I think Fall might sometimes be my favorite season too (sometimes) even though I'm just WAITING AND WAITING for Spring to arrive. Just thinking about the colors of the trees and colors of sweaters that are actually the same colors.... sigh... oooh, it makes me want to be in Kentucky too and get some last good hikes where you can still get hot enough in the middle to strip down to a t-shirt!

Peddie said...

ittle cuzzies......!!!!!

Peddie said...

I just made this my computer background for october ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails