Thursday, October 21, 2010

Voila...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

The really yummy, even if you think you don't like pumpkin* Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 stick butter (melted -- real butter, of course)
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling -- just plain pumpkin)

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Will and MR encourage more chocolate chips)
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Whisk together wet ingredients (butter, eggs, pumpkin) in one bowl then add chips and craisins and blend together stirring well.  Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and spices in a separate bowl.  Gently fold in pumpkin mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened -- be careful not to overmix.

Spoon into greased muffin tins. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

Makes about a dozen regular-sized muffins.

*Disclaimer: Marc does not like pumpkin OR these muffins so the title isn't quite true.  A lot of other pumpkin dislikers like it though.  Me, I like pumpkin.  I thought I didn't like pumpkin for a long time but I was young and stupid.  Now, I know better.  Pumpkin...good and good for you!

8 comments:

iselby said...

Thank youuuuuuuu!!!! I love pumpkin... Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake (from Magnolias), Pumpkin cupcakes, Pumpkin beer...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I think I need to try some Magnolia Bakery Pumpkin Cheesecake. Could you please bring me some??

Oh...and pumpkin spice latte makes me wish fall would last forever...

Peddie said...

Oh man... I need some pumpkinyness in my life... there is no Halloween (even though it's kinda coming here, and though I do miss it, I do not feel it needs to come to Germany since every country should hold onto their own holidays like Fasching (Carnival)... but I'm going to buy a pumpkin nonetheless this week and carve it! Maybe make some salted, roasted pumpkin seeds!

iselby said...

Do you think I can make this without nutmeg and cloves? I don't have any... but I did get a can of pumpkin! halfway there...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Do you have pumpkin pie spice? Maybe the same thing...but you should invest in the cloves and nutmeg! I use them all the time in other recipes.

Peddie said...

Yeah... can't you get them in great quantities for cheap at farmer's markets? Lobe kept saying that when we would look at spices in the store...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Ooohhh...this is kind of unrelated but Marc was watching some cooking show last night about vanilla extract. I sort of randomly said, "I never use imitation vanilla." Which was immediately followed by the television saying real vanilla is "seventeen times more expensive than imitation" and Marc gives me this raised-eyebrow-cheapskate-of-course-you-do look and then the show says that imitation vanilla is made from paper pulp.

Then Marc says "Oh...you keep right on buying that real vanilla, Honey."

HA!

Peddie said...

Ahaha! That's great. I need to buy some when home as u can't get it here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails