Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hooray for Fall Break!!


Destination Lunch...

Fall Break....fall break...fall break!!!!  I have four children upstairs sleeping in on a Wednesday that I shall soon roust from bed, feed some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and force to go hiking in the Gorge today.  Yippee!!!   We're going to hunt for an "unofficial" trail called Indian Staircase that I haven't hiked since 1994.  There's a good chance we'll be hiking a different trail as my map-reading skills aren't always the best.  Probably it's a good thing, I have GPS in my car...

Technically, it's a "WEG Break", but we're making it a Gorge Break today (We'll be back out at the Games on Friday and Sunday).  And, if everybody's really nice and doesn't fall off any cliffs today we're going to Miguel's Pizza for lunch in Slade.  Miguel's is a super kooky little restaurant/climber rendez-vous joint with cars from all over the Northern Hemisphere in the parking lot.  I love just walking around checking out all the license plates.  Most of the time there are more out-of-state plates than in-state, with travellers coming from all over to climb and hike the Gorge. 

2 comments:

iselby said...

Your children sleep in? I didn't know that... Also, where's my fall break?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I suppose sleeping in is a relative thing. They got up around 8:30. That's in, right??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails