Monday, March 24, 2014

Two sides to a story

Maybe Lenten blogging is really any every other day discipline.  Seriously, every day...not easy.  At least not pushing the publish button.

I don't think I've appropriately shared enough about Dug unless you follow #dailydug on Instagram.  As many of my philosophies of living/theology come from canine sources, I feel I must tell you about Dug who is the cutest dog in the world.  Honestly, that Boo, World's Cutest Dog, is pretty darn cute but not as cute as Dug.  Here's what I've learned from Dug:

1.  Labrador Retrievers will eat anything.  ANYTHING.  Just name something.  I bet a Labrador Retriever (and probably Dug) has eaten it or at least chewed on it.

2.  I really could run faster.  I've always thought that, I just needed to run with a friend who didn't want to talk to me.  Dug is the best running partner ever.  He never asks deep, philosophical questions
while we're running.  He only stops for the occasional pee or poop. And, I've shaved an average of 30 seconds off my mile pace thanks to him.

3. There is only one kind of Labrador Retriever, although there are two portrayals of Labrador Retrievers.  There is Marley and there is Isis (you can only know who Isis is if you watch Downton Abbey.  If you don't watch Downton Abbey, I think there's something wrong with you. or your television because  the only reason to not watch Downton is that your TV is broken -- I'm pretty certain you don't even have to have cable to watch PBS stations -- so we're all clear on who Isis is, right?).  Marley, as we know, was a bad dog, much-beloved by his owners, but clearly bad.  Isis, much beloved by Lord Grantham, never does anything bad except allow herself to be kidnapped by Thomas.  What is the difference between Marley & Isis?  A crate, I suspect.  A crate and how you tell the story.  Some days, Dug is like Isis.  Some days, Dug is like Marley.  More accurately, most days Dug is like Marley.  Why is that?  Because that's the way we tell the story.  Like whether our cup is half empty or half full, Labrador retrievers are either Marley or Isis. 

Here's the link to how Dug helped us fill out our NCAA Bracket. 

Dug and the bracket

Dug as Isis
Dug as Marley
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails