Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent -- Day 2

Here I am!  It's the second day of Lent and I am staying true to my Lenten discipline.  Please note that I promised quantity not quality in this particular instance. 

In addition to writing daily during Lent, I also decided to give up my kitchen. Coincidentally, the real renovation started on Ash Wednesday now if only it would take just the 40 days of Lent--HA!  Here's what it looks like as of 2:30 pm yesterday afternoon. 

 
 
I lost the floor by 4 pm as did the dining room and today the pantry and soffits have disappeared. Fortunately, the laundry room remains intact as of now. Dug and the fellas are good friends.  I offered his destruction services but they think he's a little distracting what with his being so cute and all.  He's spending time in the crate when I'm not home.
 
Here's my lesson to share today about kitchen remodeling.  Doing this while kids are in school, as opposed to the summer was the right choice.  The guys show up at 7:30 am and work until late afternoon.  Thankfully, except for breakfast everyone's out of the house by the time the noise begins.  I can only imagine Will's complaints if we'd done this in the summer when he was trying to sleep in.  It's also a great perk that construction has ended for the day by the time Will gets home from lacrosse practice.  Mary Rollins is probably irritated by the construction too, however, she's more excited about the new kitchen and just complains less in general. 
 
Meanwhile, every night Will says, don't we need to eat out tonight?  And, I find myself wanting to agree*.
 
*although I have made several delicious meals in the basement using the Ninja Cooking System, the toaster oven and the teeny tiny bar sink.  We're having left over taco soup tonight if you're curious.  I imagine this actually a step above living in an RV plus the former kitchen table is now permanently the basement table.
 
 

 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails