Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The weird dream I had last night...

So, last night I had this crazy dream that did NOT include bicycles.  In my dream, I was 44 years old (hmmm...seemed pretty realistic) but was living in an attic apartment in New York.  My apartment was quite small and, in fact, it was so small that I couldn't stand full upright in it.  I had to hunch over because the roof came in at an angle and even at the highest peak I couldn't quite hold myself up straight.  Suddenly, in my dream I realized that I was living in New York, I was single with no children, had a really lame job that contributed nothing to the betterment of the world and I hadn't been to any cool parties with even a B-list celebrity.  

About that time the crickets in my iPhone started chirping that it was time to get up and start the day and I awoke with the realization that as un-cool as it is to live in your home town, go to the same church you've been at your whole life (thanks for pointing that out, Elizabeth C.), my life is really fun, rewarding and full of great adventures and very special people.  I'm certain I would have cried if you'd told me 20 years ago, I'd grow up to be a Realtor living in Lexington but I can honestly say it's all pretty darn good.

Uh-oh...more later...have to go drive a girl to ballet and pick a boy up from golf. 

10 comments:

Peddie said...

Hmmm... this brings much contemplation to the clairebear as she also contemplates her next city move...

Gwennie said...

I have a suggestion...


p.s. google word "metox"

Peddie said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metox

?
My captcha is "beraceme" which doesn't actually mean anything, but the fact that I wrote "clairebear" before made me think it funny.

iselby said...

Peddie, you better not move anywhere other than NYC. We have a deal, don't we? Hehehe

And Auntie G - I like this post. Mostly because we have the same alarm sound. It's kind of pleasant to wake up to chirping. However, Charlie also enjoys the chirping so I get a mixture of meowing and chirping together. Now do you wish you lived in a tiny attic in NYC with a loud cat?!

iselby said...

And did you know that David's apartment in Charleston sounds exactly like what your "dream apt" sounded like. It was slanted at both sides and he couldn't even stand straight in the middle.. and he lived there for 2 years - AHHH. boys...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Poor David would have to have been on his hannds and knees in my dream apartment which is not to be confused with my Dream Apartment. The latter is somewhere with my people in Soho or maybe the best friends of my people in the West Village.

What do you mean Peddie's moving to NYC? How pray tell is she going to make jewelry and clean the rooms of our B & B from there!

Peddie said...

Haha... I love how you guys all want me so much ;) Will you please duke it out for me so that I don't have to decide?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

You know, there is a campaign to get Isabelle and David to move to Lexington so then we can ALL be together!

Peddie said...

I now have the Turtles stuck in my head ;)

Peddie said...

Maybe we should make a reality tvshow/the greatest race over the course of the next couple years to find out where we land!!!!

Or just continue our countless blogs...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails