Thursday, September 2, 2010

6 Friends Cafe

I just had the best lunch.  It was so good that I can't wait to tell you about.  I can't wait to go to lunch with you there again. 

A couple of weeks ago I was taking a little drive down Woodland Avenue next to Woodland Park (the one with the pirate ship pool and the skate park, you non-Lexingtonians) AND voila! there's a new little cafe opened up in one of the old Victorian homes along that stretch.  It's so cute with tables on the covered front porch and on the patio in front.  Word on the street is that it was opened by two friends (but they have some other friends, hence the six in the name) and they are serving up the nicest little crepes and paninis.  And, what I mean when I say "nice" is delicious combinations of meat and cheeses and spreads and stuffs like kalmata olives, pine nuts, pesto, gouda cheese, bacon, pear, apple.  Ooo la la and the sweet crepes?!?  Chocolate, coconut, hazel nut, more fruits, yummy yummy.  I barely looked at that side of the menu though as I was too entranced by the savory flavors.  But wait, there's more!! if you clean your plate they have a whole case of gelato.  Vibrantly colored purple and pink and chocolaty gelatos.  Oh my, I'm going back (on my bicycle next time) for gelato!!  What a little jewel of a spot.  All of the crepes and sandwiches are named for friends, par example, I had the Alexis crepes (grilled chicken, feta, kalmata olives) but was very tempted by the Lilly Panini but don't ask me what was on that.  All the meals come with those yummy Mrs. Vickers chips in great flavors like sea salt and vinegar -- now those are chips that are with the calories. 

Okay, who wants to go to lunch with me tomorrow???

5 comments:

iselby said...

Pick me! Pick me!

I want a super yummy crepe!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

You're on! Oh Isabug, why oh why don't you and David move to Lexington so that you could be "at home in the Bluegrass!"

Unknown said...

I found their menu online--looks great! I'll try it out the next time i'm in lexington. I think I need a mini lexington vacation!

I think I might have to make a trip to the crepes place in cincy this week...

iselby said...

You must work on a David campaign. He needs music! Though, we might be able to move there when David is entering old age and can be a professor...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Speaking of crepes (Amy) and old age (Isabelle) I determined the other day that you are definitely getting old when you order crepes over a Panini because they are easier to eat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails