Friday, September 24, 2010

Buzzard Bait

Will thinks that Cleo might be too fat for a buzzrd to carry off.
The weather here has been so dry that one of my neighbors stopped me in the driveway to report that there was a huge gang of turkey vultures working the 'hood.  With our drought, the water in the lake must be attracting buzzards.  She wanted to be sure that Cleo and Howie aren't left unattended out in the backyard where they might become buzzard bait.

This makes me think several things:
1.  I have really nice neighbors,
2.  Are roaming gangs of buzzards terrorizing your neighborhood bad for your property values?
3.  Would, in fact, a Jack Russell Terrier be a tasty treat?

Weird.

P.S.. I saw a few of them circling overhead while I was running this morning.  Do you think that's a commentary on how I look when I run?

3 comments:

iselby said...

My wittle eety bitty fat Cleo! You do have nice neighbors. The last time I spoke to my neighbors was...umm...no idea.

Peddie said...

I think there should be another name for "neighbors" in new york... Isabug, do you even know what they look like?

I think Buzzards might like the Cleekers all the more for her fatness. With Howie, they might just feel around his little paw and tell him he has another day to work on eating ;)... either way, don't give them the chance!

What movie was it where the buzzards had funny commentary? Me thinks "The Jungle Book."

Peddie said...

PS: How do you put those little comments (which are hilarious, btw... you should be a comedy english major) under the pictures? And update update update with the Willby girls all there!

cragn... sounds like a place from Outlander. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails