Thursday, September 16, 2010

The horses are coming!

Crazy Quilt
And some of them are already here!  It's only 9!!! days until the world descends upon Lexington.  Well, the horse world anyway but a whole bunch of pretty horses are already standing around town.

Horse Mania 2010, or Horse Mania the sequel is pretty darn cool.  We've been taking lots of pictures of some of our favs and planning a tour around town for all of our visitors.  I'm thinking we should bike to them since I don't have a horse anymore...then we don't have to worry about parking!

So many of the horses you'll really want to get up next to in order to fully appreciate their craftsmanship.  Horse to the left "In the Sky with Diamonds" was created by my friend Janice V's sister.  It's made using a technique she calls crash glass and is absolutely stunning -- the photo doesn't begin to do it justice.

6 comments:

iselby said...

I was going to post about the horses, but now I can just link to you! I love blogging collaboration...

Juliet said...

"...powdered her downtown cheeks with painted horses for weeks
as I rode
one to the next in delight

Bottle-capped, stone-fenced, whirly-gigged, dream-coated,
They nickered and gloated
necks arched in equine pride"

from my poem "Lexington"

So awesome to find out that she (Lexington) is doing it again!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Horsey Mommy, your poem is as lovely as those horses! Thanks for sharing!

iselby said...

Is MR hiding behind a horse?

Juliet said...

Thank you, Gwen,

I sure love Lexington. I've been all around the country (including New York City and Los Angeles)and I have yet to find a city with the same magic as Lexington.

Peddie said...

So many posts to catch up on!!! Isabug, how do I make my little 12 window most visited sites actually be my favorite sites (and not two for the same bank, for instance)?

Go biking!!! Be like my bears in Berlin and take pictures of your tour for me! You could even make a photo book later!

And poetry on your blog! This is internets at is best ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails