Friday, September 10, 2010

A bit of a change up...

You might have noticed that I changed up the blog a little bit. Okay, maybe you haven't noticed because you're here for the first time but I've decided to fully embrace the fact that blogging/writing about real estate is boring. It bores me and clearly from comments (and lack of comments) I received from other people that reading about real estate bored them too. After all, if you REALLY want to read about real estate you can just pick up the newspaper (and get depressed), turn on the news (and get even more depressed) or watch HGTV (I'm going to save my comments and thoughts about HGTV for another post).


Don't think that means I'm not interested in real estate. I am. I still want to sell your house and I still want to help you buy a new one. I pay attention to market trends, I like talking about how best to stage a house, Ilove my clients and closings are really cool (Marc says they're the best part and I do like the shoes, clothes, ballet lessons, lacrosse sticks and food provided from the income) but I'm pretty sure that there are better sources for information about current market trends and how to stage your house. In fact, that would be my other website (Or, be a friend of Bluegrass Sotheby's International Realty on Facebook -- Kelley and Riley in our office post all that great stuff up there all the time.)

So, unless it's really pertinent real estate info that you won't find anywhere else or a really funny real estate story like the time I showed the house that had the Tyrannosaurus Rex mounted head, you won't find it here. From here on out, At Home in the Bluegrass is really about being at home in the Bluegrass (or about being at home in my minivan).

4 comments:

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I should note that this might be boring too but at least it's more fun for me!

Peddie said...

To be quite honest... I enjoy reading it more now too. I did like how excited you could get about houses in Lexington though, and I think you do a great job at what you do - which is finding HOMES for people (and now I sound like an ad... but I gladly advertise for you!)

Besides, I tend to find that blogs are mainly for people who know them and like keeping up with their lives, and less for information. Cooking blogs may be an exception ;)

(also, I think anybody who comes here would be confident enough to write a comment which you would be happy to answer ;)

iselby said...

I think that this is a good change because you're still blogging about life in Lexington. People moving to Lexington, or even those who live there, might find your suggestions helpful. Your blog definitely makes Lexington look like a friendly place to live!

More bike tours!

Peddie said...

Mais oui!

More bike tours! La Tour d'Lexington!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails