Monday, January 11, 2010

A love letter to Messrs. Dacci

My fingers are finally warm as I write this in my home office.  A lovely change from the chill 60 degrees experienced this morning as my little frozen children huddled by a space heater for warmth as they dressed for school.

Sometimes it is time to say good-bye.  Farewell upstairs furnace who successfully outlived your design life by a good twenty years!  You were a faithful source warmth for much longer than anyone ever anticipated.  I would be sadder except that we have known since the day we bought the house that you were long past your expiration date.  Every day with your heat was a bonus.  Were you milk, you would have been down the drain.

And, to my dearest Dacci brothers, Bud and Jim.  I love you, man (okay...men)...You guys are the bestest HVAC people a homeowner/Realtor could ever hope to have.  Thank you for getting enough kick into the old girl to last me until you can call me with the cost of a new one.  And my deepest thanks for keeping her alive these many years and not issuing her death certificate before her days were truly done. There's something to be said for honesty and truth these days.  Jim, Bud, you all are the best!

P.S.  Sorry that I didn't offer you that space heater sooner, Bud.  I promise you can put the garage door down and use it when you come back to put in the new furnace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails