Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Boones Trace...

I may have confessed previously to being an Inside New Circle Road snob when it comes to my personal life. But that said, I'm not above pretending that if I didn't like my own neighborhood so much, I'd live in ____________ (fill in the blank here).

I think today, I'd live in Boones Trace. This great neighborhood is just across the Fayette County line in north Madison County. My favorite part of Boones Trace is the drive across the Kentucky River which can be achieved on the big I-75 bridge or the little blue Clays Ferry bridge underneath. I prefer the latter. I have a wonderful listing there at 143 Gleneagles Boulevard which every time I visit wish was my house. Last week driving from there I slowed for three deer crossing the road to the Clay's Ferry-first deer I've ever seen in my life in Fayette County proper!



This picture is taken from Avawam Drive (i.e. The Main Drag through BT) looking over and across the river to the I-75 Bridge on a stark winter day. If you live on the right side of Avawam, you have the spectacular view of the Kentucky River.

If I lived in Boones Trace, I might even try to play golf.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails