Monday, February 15, 2010

Blizzard in the Bluegrass


As I sit stuck at home in the Bluegrass this morning, I'm beginning to think that my children may be in school until the beginning of July with add-on snowday makeups if the weather prognosticators are in any way correct.  As sad as that prospect looms for summer days better spent at the pool than in school, it's simply gorgeous outside today and I'm sure the newspaper will eventually get delivered.  This Kentucky weather reminds me of how I remember winter growing up in the Bluegrass minus the need to let horses out of the barn and break ice in water buckets. 

This picture is looking out my front door earlier this morning on my quest to see if the newspaper had arrived.  The gray quality is tribute to the thick flakes in the air and it appears that we have no roads in the neighborhood.  I can assure you that last night, I had not only a street in front of my house but a circular driveway about ten steps from where I am standing!  I can't find any of them this morning which could explain why the newspaper can't find its way to my house. 

To all of my relocation clients to whom I have extolled the mildness of the new Kentucky winter where snow is mandated to melt by the next day, I stand in apology.   We do indeed have Winter!  Snow can linger and accummulate.  And, it's lovely. 

Could someone please let Al Gore know that I'm rethinking the whole global warming thing?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails