Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

A lot of Monopoly was played in between our
other Lakehouse activies which included the boys disappearing
in the kayak for 6 hours without a return to the house for anything
(they had packed a lunch and snacks). 

Happy New Year from Will & MR!

New Year's Eve bacon.  Will's favorite food...

Happy New Year from the Fatness who would like some of the bacon
pictured above.  And, eggs to go with it, please.
I hope that the end of 2011 went out with a bang for everyone.  We spent our last hours of the year whiling away the time at the lake.  It was wonderful.  I sold a house using my new iPad, had an extra teen-age boy, enjoyed the Distaola family recipe for meatballs, braciole and sauce cooked by Marc in his extra 24 hours at the lake by himself (he should spend more time alone -- very productive, he is), watched movies, finished three books, ran and walked, and beat all the boys at Monopoly multiple times!  The latter was quite satisfying and I tried to point out that I am a real estate professional and therefore have extreme Monopoly skills.  The phrase "dang it" was heard repeatedly from both boys.  They think I'm just lucky but I'm pretty sure it's the real estate license.

At the stroke of midnight, the boys set off the best backyard fireworks I've ever seen.  I have no idea where the point of origin for these beauties was but the mortor and fireworks accompanied Will's friend, John, on the journey to the lake and proved to the best end we could have to a wonderful year.

How did you celebrate the end of the year? 
 

1 comment:

iselby said...

I spent the end of the year with my lovely family (minus David) at the top of the Williamsburg bridge! Before we walked up there we enjoyed some Thai food from Khao Sarn with $1 special on Chang beer and some Battlestar Galactica...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails