Monday, January 23, 2012

Lakehouse, anyone?

Remember how the name of this blog used to Moving2CentralKY?  Well, if you don't live in Central Kentucky this house might seriously make you want to move here.

Kentucky is funny place with lots of funny little counties.  And, when I say little counties, that's what I mean -- little.  We have 120 counties which is the third largest number of counties for a US state behind Texas and Georgia.  You might find that interesting if you look at a map as Kentucky's size?  Not all that big.  So, we have a bunch of small counties.  Fayette aka Lexington is my favorite, naturally, but I have a lot of close seconds.  One of my favorite drives is heading north on Paris Pike which takes me through two of them -- passing huge horse farms, the historic stone fences that so characterize the Kentucky landscape, a myriad of antebellum and victorian homes, the charming towns of Paris and Millersburg.  If you keep going north from Millersburg, the land gets a little less manicured, the hills a bit more rolly and you might have to slow down for an Amish buggy or because you're distracted by sheep (I love sheep) and the occasional cute donkey.  Nicholas County lies on the top end of Bourbon County and is home to the sweet town of Carlisle.  You can even visit the doll & toy museum on Main Street in Carlisle if you're looking for something interesting (possibly creepy?) to kill some time.


Or, you can visit my fabulous new listing on Lake Carnico.  Better yet, you can buy it while you're there.   Trust me, you'll want to!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails