Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sitting at the Pops...

Greetings friends.  I'm at the Pops' house this morning sitting with Dad while Mom is off to some such medical test or another.  I was attempting to do some work on my laptop which I brought but apparently, Mom unplugged the wireless router for too long so I can't figure out the password and have no internet access.  Now, I'm using Dad's super-fancy Apple computer, but can't figure out how to get a new tab in Safari.  I have discovered though that I can get all the family blogs as saved screens.    This blog is here, Isabelle+David, and the Selbies. I think the Selbies might be the homepage, in fact.  So I guess if Grandpa can't use his computer for much of anything else, at least he can keep up with the family news.

What's news at our house?  Mary Rollins is off to camp this week.  Next week she's off to Italy!  Words cannot begin to describe my emotions at her leaving the country without me.  I'll attempt to describe it next week though while she's gone anyway.

Will is thirteen as of Sunday.  So far, thirteen is good.  He was quite crabby yesterday morning and then apologized to me for being cranky.  REALLY!  He said, as he sat on the couch playing Xbox after I had just asked him what he wanted for breakfast and what his plans for the day were, "sorry Mom.  I didn't mean to be so grumpy."  Wow.  Thirteen is nice.

And so I am officially a mom of teenagers.  Now when people ask me, do you have children, I can say, "No, I have teenagers."

5 comments:

iselby said...

I put those tabs on his computer! And to open a new Tab press command T.

I love the Wilbur and MR :)

mere said...

Awww a Mom of teens! Frankly, I loved those years...loved all of em.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I can't believe my babies are so old. And, I have to say that we haven't had an age yet that I don't like! I love teenagers. And, I love their friends.

Sunday night I had a basement full of goofy boys and I delivered a delicious frozen pizza and a case diet cherry Coke into their cave. They were so appreciative and polite. "Thank you Mrs. Mathews, you're the best!!"

The smell was a bit questionable though. Teenage boys are really stinky, even with all their Axe and Old Spice deodorants, body washes and shampoos. Will has more toiletries than Mary Rollins and I do combined! And yet...

iselby said...

Boys do smell. So strange.
Nice attempt, Axe, but it hasn't quite worked yet!

Peddie said...

Ahhhhahhaha... smelly boys. I do love my own old spice deo, even though I don't have to wear it that much (so nice to be a girl). I now have a TON of catching up to do because I didn't realize this blog was back up and running and picturing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails