Saturday, October 4, 2008

Room Layout

I found a super new place to play on the web today: www.Havertys.com . There's a great room planning tool there that lets you lay-out a space and than arrange furniture in it. You can use their products or a generic list of furnishings including bathroom fixtures, walls, doors, fireplaces, etc. I know there's always been software sources for furniture lay-out but I love that this one is free! I tried my own living room which has way too many windows and doors, plus a funky wall and a parlor grand piano that I've been decorating around for years. I managed to get everything in, including a shape for the piano.

I wish this tool had been around when we moved into our current home. It sure could have saved a lot of furniture moving and some questionable purchases I've made over the years. While I don't think it replaces the function of a good interior designer, for the DIYer or new homeowner it could sure make arranging a room and making furniture choices a lot easier!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails