Friday, October 31, 2008

Quick email tip

Not related to real esate, except that I learned this at a Real Estate conference, but if you hate junk email try this tip to reduce what you are getting. Set up a free gmail or yahoo account -- I have a new one, GwendaMathews@gmail.com -- very easy for me to remember what with using my name and all!!!-- that you use just for purposes of ordering on-line and getting information from websites that require an email address. With holiday shopping approaching, I'm much happier with the on-line ordering I'm doing knowing that the junk email won't be getting into my "good" email that comes directly into my phone, etc. and uselessly fills up my memory. I do check that account once a day but I can tell it's prevented a significant number of junk mails coming in my regular inbox.

You can set up a gmail account through Google (www.google.com). I promise it's really easy for even the technically challenged.

Now if I could only get rid of all the junk email that I already have...

1 comment:

Peddie said...

Haha... I love gmail. Of course, knowing that I don't have to delete things proves a problem... I currently have 164 unread messages in my inbox (because I have a lot of old ones that I re-mark as "unread" so that "I'll get back to them")...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails