Thursday, October 30, 2008

Frosty morning--time to winterize!

Brrr...it's supposed to be 60 this afternoon but I can't believe it was 29 degrees this morning. Seems like it's way too cold for Lexington at the end of October. I'm going to need my mittens to trick or treat tomorrow night! Will Mathews has promised me all of his Reese Peanut Butter cups so I'm getting really excited and am thinking about fasting for the next 36 hours in preparation!

This frosty morning is a good reminder to check around outside your house for hoses that may still be attached to your house. I unscrewed one the other night during a walk-through and I can't tell you how many times broken hose bibs turn-up on home inspections. Also, most of us our turning our furnaces on for the first time this winter too. Don't forget to change your furnace filter and if you have gas heat, it's a good time to make sure that you have a working CO2 detector. While you're at it, it's also recommended to check your smoke alarms when the time changes.

Have a great morning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails