Thursday, September 8, 2011

Coffee, anyone?

I know it’s not Monday but it feels like it. Maybe it’s the rain and the early autumn chill in the air that I hope shall pass. Plus, I’ve been longing for New York lately. Again, is it the Fall change of seasons and not knowing what to wear post-Labor Day? Can I still wear my white jeans if I pair them with something from the orange/brown family? Is it too early to wear boots? I’m sure there’s something at H & M, Uniqlo or that lovely Anthropologie at Rockefeller Center that would ease my morning suffering as I stare into my closet at a total loss for what to wear in an unseasonably cool early September.


To counteract my Thursday-feels like-Monday-pining-for-New York-morning doldrums, I decided that I needed a coffee treat so I stopped in downstairs at Starbucks before heading upstairs to the office.. Don’t spread this around but I’ve been at Starbucks more than usual lately (perhaps the influence of Isabug’s morning coffee blogposts). But enjoying Starbucks is part of my effort to take advantage of my prime office location and to feel better about the suffering my back bumper is experiencing at the mercy of the worst parking lot in town. Obviously, horrible parking is the price one pays for cool working space. Anyway, I did get my favorite parking space both yesterday and today. It’s the end space where your car can only get hit on one side. Then, I decided to try something new (and cheaper), I cautiously ordered a Caffee Misto surprising the barista by asking what one was! He was really excited to tell me about it. I guess no one asks for help ordering at Starbucks anymore. It’s only $2.10 for a tall Caffee Misto versus $3.70-something for my usual latte (except that I usually get a grande which is even more expensive). It isn’t quite the taste treat of a Cinnamon Dolce latte or pumpkin spice (which is back! Yeah!) but it’s pretty darn good, plus if I get a cheaper coffee treat I can have them more often, right?

Oh, and why else am I missing New York? Did I mention that I am listening for the umpteenth time to Seth Rudetsky’s Broadway Nights? I finally finished listening to Jon Krakauer’s Under the Banner of Heaven and needed a little literary candy after that. Good suggestion from the nieces that I would definitely need some post-religious fundamentalism palate cleansing. I tried starting Ann Patchett’s new book State of Wonder and as much as I love her writing, the nieces were right --after Under the Banner of Heaven you really need some fun!

So what’s new with you? Anybody want to get a coffee with me later?

9 comments:

iselby said...

I want to get a coffee with you later!

One of the questions that Robyn asked Tim Gunn when we met him was if it was ok to wear white after Labor Day and he said "Of course!" as long as we look fashionable. So, yesterday I wore a white blazer with a Uniqlo shirt/dress and black leggings... and Danskos. I was very tall! Did you ask me what I was wearing yesterday? No? sorry..

I also saw that the pumpkin latte is back. Super dangerous. Super. Dangerous.

Also, did you know that they are building a Uniqlo on 5th Ave near me and the entire subway is covered in their ads - as if I needed more reason to get excited?! They open in October!

Since I can't stop talking about clothing I also might as well let you know that you can now shop online for Zara (.com) Yay Fall!!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I can always talk fashion! And, talking fashion over coffee would be even better.

I'd be in trouble if I worked where you do and had a lunch hour. I'd window shop all the time -- remember the Becky Bloomwood exercise regime? Walking the shops?

Let's talk about closets, tomorrow. That;s even real estate related.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

P.S. your outfit sounds fab. I'm longing for a pair of hunter boots and am thinking about splurging on a pair as an early Christmas present. I think I'll get black (gloss or not gloss I'm not sure -- what do you think?) but I really LOVE the Aubergine! Oooo la la!! If only money were no object...

iselby said...

I really want a pair of Hunter boots too! I also like the yellow and dark olive :) splurge! You will get a ton of wear out of them!

Peddie said...

I actually saw Hunter boots for the first time here in Germany the other day! And Aubergine might be one of my favorite colors, if only for the delicious name. I cannot recommend if gloss or no gloss is better since they probably can be cleaned the same.

I am currently trying to decide if I need a blutgeschwister coat that fits me only just so if I'm not wearing anything but a tank top under it. I cannot decide whether that is good (I'm always too hot in winter when I come into a building and take of my coat to massive heating) or bad (a sweater will not fit under it.) Since I've been wearing my men's barbour coat for the past 6 years (practical but really not that attractive) I am still debating...

Oh look... and there's that link...
http://shop.blutsgeschwister.de/Blutsschwester-oxid/Jacken/long-haul-parka-chimney-black-M.html

And, if I may say so, it actually looks better on me than her (cause it gets shaplier?)...

Sorry I just made this about me. I need y'alls opinions though. What were we talking about? I could sure use a pumpkin latté... and feel free to quiz those starbuckers! That's what they're there for!!!

Hmm... this is reminding me of operation Lex: part time SAvané, part time Starbucks, full time Cuzzie...

Peddie said...

Oh yeah... LONG LIVE SETH RUDETSKY!!!!!!!!!

captcha is.... no joke.... stylizes.
I love and miss you girls. We're nutcrackering, right?

iselby said...

It looks like a nice coat and very Claire... where did you try it on?

Wait! You can't just casually mention Nutcrackering! I need to know when to go to Lexington - don't tell me over Auntie's blog! :)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Peddie, I love the coat! It's so you. Oh, and definitely take on the Lexington project! Move to Lexington!!

Peddie said...

I don't know when I'm coming! I just miss you guys and therefore drop bad hints ;( me bad ;(

And as for the coat... do you guys think it's worth it to get even if t's a little too small, and then take it to a tailor to have wider panels where the buttons are extended so that it will look more comfortable on me in the boobage area? (I'm not going to be embarassed by that since I'm pretty sure no guys are coming here to comment). Also so that I might fit a light sweater under it?

Bah... I'm still obsessed. I should probably start back obsessing when I actually have a job. Or find another, cheaper coat that fits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails