Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Milestones...

Vanderbilt gets the prize for being the first
college to recruit Mary Rollins...
!
Parenting continually presents an array of milestones that when they occur make you realize that a particular moment is an important first in the forward movement of your child's life.  There are the obvious things, of course, like a first smile, a first step, a first haircut and first days of school.

And then, there's the complete curve balls like the first college brochure that arrives in the mail.  Eeek!!! 

I mean I knew she'd go to college one day but dang, I feel old...

5 comments:

iselby said...

I love the new fonts!

Vanderbilt sounds like a nice school.. and not terribly far from Lexington.

Peddie said...

Was Grandmother happy? The "Dream" looks like it was probably the same as on the brochure that your or mom, dare I say, may have recieved?

ahh, now that I have allowed myself to read sister's comment... yes... font. The font for "Dream." You know how you and mom sometimes wear the same thing on the same day without meaning to?

iselby said...

actually, i meant the new fonts on the blog...i missed the brochure "dream"... sorry Peddie!

mere said...

College??????!!!!!!

Peddie said...

Wow! Heehee... ok, we are kinda different ;) Still sisters!!! I was just struck by several blogs that day where I felt like I was commenting an echo on yours (which I thinks shows good taste).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails