Friday, September 16, 2011

A yummy day...

Masala (not my picture...just thought
you should know).
Sometimes I think I just have the best job ever -- even when I don't sell a house.   Last Friday, I had a typically atypical day being a Realtor.  That's one of the perks of working in real estate, you rarely have the same day twice. She was in Lexington interviewing for a position and I was asked to give her a tour of town and show her some housing options. We had spoken on the phone on Tuesday and made our plans to meet. She really wanted to just rent and honestly there's not much I can do as a Realtor for people who want to rent. Lexington is different from other cities as far renting something happens. I wasn't overly optimistic about how our day would go but I figured I'd do the very best I could for her!


Padma turned out to be lovely, smiling extrovert! She talked immediately about her job interview while we drove off to one of the schools she wanted to visit and a nearby apartment complex.

And that was it. We found the perfect apartment if she takes the job.

Then, we went to lunch! We went to Masala, one of Lexington's best Indian buffets. I felt a little odd taking the Indian woman to the Indian restaurant. I hope it wasn't inappropriate but we had smelled Masala from the apartment complex, she said she was open to anything for lunch, we were running out of time and Masala does have a buffet!

Delicious! That's what lunch was. Padma thought lunch was great too. She struck up a big conversation with the owner which was all in Indian but I'm sure she was telling her what a great Realtor I am. (Then, he brought her some cute little green peppers that probably would have burned a hole in my tongue.) Actually, he told her that we were good luck as the health department was inspecting them right then and the inspector thought we were very happy patrons. Which, of course, we were because lunch was so delicious. I was even happier because Padma thought our little Indian place was really good. I'm so proud.

Over two huge plates of food, we talked a lot about parenting, the importance of family dinner time, exercising, our mothers and then she treated me to lunch which was so very nice!

I'd say the odds are good that Padma won't be moving to Lexington so subsequently she probably won't be buying a house with me. While those three hours might not be profitable in an immediate financial sense, they were sure fun! I'm delighted to have spent an afternoon with her and have the good fortune that I get to call it work!

4 comments:

iselby said...

I thought I had commented on this one. Have I been to this Indian restaurant? Can I please go the next time I'm in Lex? I loveee Indian food.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I don't think you have been to Masala. We went to Istanbul Palace once which tragically closed a year ago or so.

You'll need to plan a LOONGG visit to do all we need to do! Let's make a todo list!

iselby said...

I love a good to-do list! Has Seth Rudetsky ever visited Lexington??

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I don't know that Seth has been to Lexington. We should invite him. He might like it here. Most people do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails