Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome Spring!

I know!  They're beautiful aren't they?!?!?

My yard is a profusion of golden yellow.  I've never before seen my daffodils so early, so plentiful or so delightful.  Or maybe, like the autumn leaves and my Christmas tree, my memory of the past year doesn't live up to the reality of the present.  That's probably a good thing.

We bought our house at the beginning of winter almost nine years ago.  At the time, we lived all of seven houses away but in the many walks we'd made past the house that is now ours, we'd never noticed how fantastic yard was.  We've done a lot since then (or not done a lot since then as the case may be) to neglect and destroy much of the glorious work of the previous owners but despite all our inattention, an absolutely amazing array of daffodils arrives every spring in the midst of the crab grass, dandelions, thistles and honeysuckle which seem to be the only thing I can grow with much success. 

Of all that is inevitable, thankfully Spring, too, is one of them!

4 comments:

Peddie said...

Joyous indeed!!! I can smell Easter already!

iselby said...

We are expecting snow for Friday-Sunday this weekend. CRAZY!

But, yes. I am glad Spring is pretending to be here. At least it's sunny and you are able to grow beautiful flowers!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

We awoke to snow on Sunday morning. My little daffies were so sad about the cold weather that they bent their little flower heads over in deep depression. They captured how I, too, felt about the cold.

But not how I felt about UK Basketball!!! Yippee!!!

Peddie said...

Aww poor flowies! I will try to send some sunshine y'all's way (though I want some of it to please stay here... )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails