Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bracketology...

Warning:  Another Will post...


Please note:  we will not be disappointed in
the least if Team Mathews doesn't win but UK does!
 I confess that until last year I had never actually completed an NCAA tournament bracket.  Crazy, I know.  But, last year it became the best-ever Mom and Lad activity.  So yesterday afternoon while I prepared dinner and Will grumped about what I was cooking (leftovers) we worked on our bracket for my office pool.   We used a very scientific method:  a combination of rankings, gut intuition, general distate for ACC schools and the occasional quarter toss. 

We would like to add that we are Kentucky fans but decided that we didn't want to jinx the Cats like we did last year when we had them going all the way.

Also, if we win, I'm donating my half my funds to the Red Cross for aid to Japan. Will, however, wants to buy shoes which confirms for me that he really is my child.

6 comments:

Peddie said...

AWESOME!!!!!

iselby said...

I love your Will-G bracket - and WoW, Notre Dame going all the way? That's pretty intense, although they're supposed to be really good this year. I've got Kansas (like Obama).

I've also made 2 brackets and Peddie tentatively has one of them. We are "sharing" because she doesn't know how to log into the bracket maker. (silly sister)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Yeah...I don't know about the whole Notre Dame thing but Will thinks it's the year and he tends to be really really lucky. Like probably, he should buy lottery tickets but don't tell him I said that. Me? Not a big Notre Dame fan...

Last year we were winning right up until Kentucky lost and that kind of ruined things. We were going to do two this year, too, so that we had one with Kentucky winning but apparently "we" felt so confident that our bracket is a winner that Will didn't want to do a seoond one.

Do you get the sense that I might have had limited input on this bracket??? Kansas seems like a good choice but the Wilbur says Notre Dame.

Totally unrelated but I think silly is one of my favorite words.

Peddie said...

ACtually, espn has been emailing me to ask if I didn't want to do a bracket again (after you early birds were finished already) but I have 0% idea of who is good this year, as with most years, and figure I should let someone with a little more sense take care of things...as with most things...

captcha is conepin... that seems like a real thing.

Peddie said...

PS: You could probably have a successful "stuff my son says/does" blog, so don't worry about all the Will posts ;) We also, of course, love hearing what wisdom MR has to offer! You have smart kiddos. And they are playing scrabble with me, making us all smarter! They're going to kill those SATS (though I think if they really want to d do well, we all need to take a retreat to Barbados with a bunch of english version Harry Potters and Scrabble and bathing suits)!

Peddie said...

*british english version, I obviously mean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails