Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!

Will and I were on the way to school this morning with a warm chocolate chip pie for his Algebra class nestled between us in honor of Pi Day.  I said, "Maybe we should have quiche for dinner.  It's a pie."

"No.  I really don't like quiche."

"Will," I said, "don't you wish you liked more foods.  Wouldn't life be so much easier if you did?".

"No, imagine how hard it would be for me at a restaurant if I liked everything on the menu?".

Hmmm...I really never thought of it that way.  Maybe if I disliked more things my life would be easier!  Living in the black and white. Perhaps that's the attraction of fundamentalism.  It removes the need to think. 

So on that note, Happy Pi Day! 

2 comments:

iselby said...

HAPPY PI DAY!

I love how Will has such quick comebacks. What a good little brother :) I have a very difficult time at restaurants trying to decide what I want so I'll agree with Will here.

And quiche? Mmmm... I want.

Peddie said...

Haha... agreed, he has such little nuggets of wisdom. Thanks for relaying them to us too ;) Happy Pi Day!

PS: We used to have mole-day in high school. I don't even remember what a mole is (ok, I was curious - it's a unit of chemical measurement that originates from German!), and our class had to sew little moles from a pattern, and make them funny for extra credit. Mole-ilyn Manroe, etc. Wish I could remember what I did...

PPS: I would please like a piece of warm cookie pie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails