Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More fun dinners

First of all, Isabug is nothing like Bridget Jones...really...if I were going to liken her to a fictional character she'd be much more like Elizabeth Darcy, nee Bennett.  .

Secondly, I think I write about food on this blog way too much.  Apparently, I've turned into a Mathews.  The Mathews write long letters about meals they've eaten and the food they were served.  Especially the little old Mathews ladies who fortunately don't use the computer much less read blogs so I can say about them here whatever I like.  They'll never know unless you tell them..

So anyway, I have been thinking about food a lot lately...both cooking food (lunch for the Presiding Bishop), and eating food --dinner with former Presidents of India, and next week if the stars fall into alignment, I get to have dinner with Academy Award nominee Mary McDonnell a.k.a. Stands With a Fist.  Am I bragging?  I don't mean to be but I am really excited.  I loved the movie Dances with Wolves!  In fact, I'm going to go change my facebook profile so that I have that listed as one of my favorite movies as soon as I finish this post. 

But also, I had dinner last night with Will Mathews at Five Guys Burgers...he had a junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's (long story involving 11-year old boys with control issues) but it was great.  My burger (not from Wendy's) and the fries from Shelly, Idaho were superb.  Why it's important for you to know that I had dinner with Will Mathews at Five Guys is that: A.   We have a Five Guys Burgers in Lexington!  B.  The queue no longer wraps around the outside of the building so you can get in to order food.    I was excited when they opened 6 months ago as I love their food but everytime I've been to Lexington's, including in pouring rain, people have been lined out the door to order and I have no patience or time for that.

5 comments:

iselby said...

I love Five Guys too. And I love blogging about food (see my blog). I also love Will Mathews (even with control issues).

Also, the Linaburgs sound like the Mathews. Is is just Selbys/Williamsons that don't talk about food... ever? I guess my parents were the perfect match for no food-talk.

Mere said...

Life in Lexington sure sounds exciting!

Mere said...

btw I meant Isabug's refrigerator was like Bridget"s. Remember the scene with the frig and only a sorry looking hunk of cheese in it?

Unknown said...

i've yet to have five guys. andy had it for the first time for lunch on the day you made this post--his birthday! looking forward to the fries.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I was really suprised to discover that they serve a vegetarian hot dog at Five Guys Burger. Not that I was going to order that but for future reference if dining with vegetarian friends who like french fries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails