Thursday, March 4, 2010

A.P. Roots

While we're still talking about food...Here's another local spot we love...A.P. Roots.  Located on Romany Road in the heart of Chevy Chase, Roots is one of the best-kept food secrets in town.  And it shouldn't be a secret, it's too good.  They use lots of locally produced veggies, meats and dairy products, their food is really yummy, and there's rarely a wait. 

If you've been to A.P. Suggins next door, Roots is operated by the same talented folks but the menu's completely different the atmostphere's more upscale but equally comfortable and the prices are really great for the quality.  
\
P.S.  Don't mind the snow in this picture.  I took it out my car window a couple of weeks ago and forgot to put it up here.  Snow is almost all gone, for now and hopefully forever, or at least until next December!  

3 comments:

iselby said...

Yum. I think I have missed out on a lot of good eating in Lexington...

Unknown said...

oh! i loved the parpadelle noodles the time we went there! i remember the bread being good too.

Gwennie said...

I always think of you Amy when we go to Rossi's. That was a particularly fun evening!

Coincidentally I was there last night with some client-friends working on an offer for a home. I didn't eat as I was in rush but their food looked great. Best part, our offer was one of three on the house but ours was the one they chose. Yeah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails