Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thoughts about the weather forecast...

I don't know about you but I often find weather.com, The Weather Channel and the weather app on my iPhone all sort of useless.  Useless in the way that looking at them only leaves me frustrated and confused about the most important impact weather has on me as a city-dwelling mom and Realtor.  Quite frankly, what I most need from a weather report is what the weather means in terms of my daily outfit.

I told this to MR this morning and she agreed with me 100 percent! In fact, she suggested that I should look at the weather report and learn to translate it into a daily recommended outfit on rhe blog for other weather-challenged fashionistas.  I imagine the result looking something like this:

Today, January 26 will be snowy but feel relatively warm compared to last week's temperatures.  Because the snow will be wet and heavy, you would be advised to wear boots but NOT suede boots which might be damaged by the moisture.  Patterned, rubber Wellies tucked in skinny dark jeans could prove an excellent choice, however, be sure to wear thicker knee-high socks to protect your toes from the cold if you plan to walk more than a few blocks.  A bright patterned boot will certainly lift your spirits on this otherwise sun-less day.  In choosing outerwear, temperatures will reach the mid-30s translating to a shorter, warm jacket.  A layering of sweater and shirt below should suffice to keep you warm.  We recommend a coordinating scarf and gloves would indeed be handy today!

Don't lose your head over what to wear.  Check
the daily Fashion Forecast...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Very practical.

iselby said...

Me too! More fashion weather updates, please.

iselby said...

I'm going to Charleston this weekend... what should I pack?

Gwennie said...

As a matter of fact, Charleston just happens to be one of the cities I track on my iPhone weather app!

Hmmmm...rainy and in the mid-40s...with sun on Sunday. (Is it really in the 70s there today? I'm so jealous.) Might I suggest taking a backpack, wearing wellies to the airport and borrowing clothes from your mother? Just kidding :-) Jeans, your cute yellow skirt (in case you go out), black tights, and the Bella Rose dress of course. I suspect you won't need your Uma Thurman sleeping bag Northface coat. Although, you'll probably want it for the trip to the airport!

mere said...

I can't believe how warm it is here after freezing in Germany, though I did really love the snow! I find your weather/clothes update very helpful and think you should start an app!!!

Peddie said...

Ooooh - maybe you could make the app for that?! I bet you would make MILLIONS!!!!!! (of friends, if not dollars...)

Peddie said...

Hah - I didn't even read mom's comment (even though you were talking about apps to being with)... oh apps. I know we're obsessed with blogs, but I almost think we should do one of apps we would like or have dreamed about. Maybe bored college genius kids (from the Rigg?) will make them for us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails