Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I voted...

but I'm not going to tell you who I voted for.  I will tell you that I ran to my voting precinct at 7:15 am this morning.  I think the poll workers were a little confused about the iPod-wearing, very sweaty woman who came in to vote but did have her driver's license with her.  I felt like such a good civically-minded, heart-healthy, earth-friendly person.  Then I went to the office for our regular Tuesday morning meeting and had a donut.  The Hippo Crate people keep sending us donuts for office meeting.  I think they want to make us hippos...

5 comments:

iselby said...

Yay! Sounds like a nice morning - voting and donuts. I think the running part eliminates the turning into a hippo part :)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

It was a nice morning right up until I had to take Grandpa Williamson back to the doctor and had to be three places at one time. I could really use a Time Turner. Too bad they were all destroyed in the battle at the Ministry of Magic.

Taking Grandpa to the doctor would be much more fun if Grandma didn't have to accompany him. Oh the stories I can tell of being At Home in the Bluegrass with aging parents!!

iselby said...

hahaha, new blog!

iselby said...

I think today deserves a special Uncle Marc post - profile of a Lexington resident? !!

Peddie said...

Think Grandpa is computer savvy enough to use blogspot?

Yeah... but still, that would be fun. If had a time-turner, I would definitely give it to you, except for when I need to write reports (like right now!) and can't stop trying to feel at home in the bluegrass... over here where the grass is not blue ;(

The hippo comment made me giggle ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails