Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cost vs. Value

One of my favorite real estate tools is out...Remodeling Magazine's annual Cost versus Value Reoprt. I'd love to put the whole thing here on my blog but apparently I'd be arrested by the internet copyright police if I did. I do have a link to the report though (just click on the title above) and you can research your area for average job costs and the percentage of return you can expect for individual home improvements. To research our Central Kentucky market, the best comparison is probably using Louisville as Lexington's not on there. That's my advice anyway!

Hmmm...interesting, maybe? The best return is on a new front door. Also, wood replacement windows rank pretty high -- plus you save on utility bills and they're just plain nice -- been there, done that myself! Worst return on investment...home office remodel!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails