Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice + Snow + Wind = Crack!


That's what Mary Rollins said anyway. Kentucky.com has lots of photos of Ice Storm 2009 but I thought I'd post a few pictures from the Mathews house and Lakeside neighborhood. We're on Day 3 with no school and amazingly having more fun everyday. We may never go back to work. Of course, it's a lot more fun with electricity and heat than it was in 2003 when we had our last ice storm. We were 8 days without power and, frankly, that wasn't nearly as much fun. Today, we're enjoying a Harry Potter movie marathon, a toasty fire and I just lost at Monopoly to Will. I knew I shouldn't have traded Atlantic for those Railroads but I'll do anything for a kiss from Willy! We have left the house but only to take the loop around our neighborhood.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61458&l=85bda&id=572718665

As you can see in these pictures, we did lose a major tree in the backyard, a big chunk of fence and my most beloved maple tree has suffered some serious damage.

And, word just in...Fayette County schools closed for Thursday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails