Sunday, January 13, 2008

Third Street Stuff

Enough about real estate today! Let's talk how cool it is to live in Lexington.

Just down the street from Transylvania University (corner of Limestone and Third) is one of those little jewels of place that make living in Lexington so much fun -- Third Street Stuff. Full of interesting finds that delight 11-year olds and 40-year olds alike, this little gem of a shop and cafe is one of my favorite places to stop in for lunch. Third Street's cafe has a unique assortment of interesting sandwiches, salads and soups and tasty teas and coffees. The clientele is a great mix of folk from Transy, Sayre Upper School students and the odd Rastaferian. Last time I was there, I not only had a delicious lunch but also bought 2 super flashing rubber rings (one for me, one for my 11-year old), a whole bunch of buttons with odd sayings and a cell phone charm. I was sorely tempted to buy some giant magnetic words but came to my senses although I'm still thinking about the refrigerator poetry I could write.

Sooo....go downtown...have lunch...and enjoy Lexington's hipper side!!

1 comment:

Peddie said...

You are the absolute most coolest Realtor I know!!! Way to show off the wonderful downtown of Lexington!

(I also like your mentions of squirmy and book drives in further blogs!)

In the inevitable "if and when" I move to lex, you will most certainly be my first call ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails