Friday, January 25, 2008

furnace filter maintenance

I find that every time I have a buyer purchase a new home, I learn something new during the home inspection. This week's lesson came from one of my favorite home inspectors -- he's so thorough and a great home educator. He believes that the cheapest furnace filters, changed regularly, are the best choice for improving the functioning and life of your furnace. The more expensive filters have a tighter weave and don't allow enough air through the HVAC system for it to operate as well. He says the expensive ones can be like, well, having a dirty filter! Who knew! I suggest you ask your trusted HVAC professional about the right filter for your system before you rely on my information but the theory makes sense to me and I'm certainly always happy to save money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great real-world advice on the value of furnace filters. Keep it up!

Furnace Filters Canada said...

Furnace filters are not the first thing that come to our minds, and its true they should not, but we do need to understand their importance in our homes and what they do. The first and most common answer you would think of is they are important in the maintenance of your furnace, and that would be correct as last thing you want is to damage your furnace due to poor maintenance of your filter.

Furnace Filters Canada

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails