Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's a chilly chilly day here in Lexington and Fayette County schools are not in session which proves to my children that there really is a God. Our bedtime prayers last night included an intercession for a snow day along with a ritual wearing of the pajamas inside out! Ahhhh...January 2 really was too soon a day to start back after a wonderful Christmas break.

While I am working today from home, it's also turning into a great day to start putting away Christmas decorations. I'm going to see if I can't motivate my children to round them up for me like a scavenger hunt, have them bring them all into one room and then start packing away. It's also time to think about getting that tree out on the curb for city pick-up! Lexington has a great recycling program and I intend to be more conscientious than ever this year about reducing what goes into our Herbie. I hope you'll join me this year in reducing unnecessary waste and taking advantage of the opportunity in Lexington to recycle everything from yard waste to plastic water bottles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails