Monday, November 14, 2011

The scary stuff is over...

Thank goodness you're never too old to carve pumpkins
Finally...Halloween photos on the blog...
My sole goal for the afternoon of November 2 was to put away our Halloween decorations, however, it was raining and I didn't want a wet skeleton in the house. Instead, I spent a few minutes looking over all the goofy pictures we'd taken over the last few days.and then suddenly it was time to hop in the car and start driving people places. So, sadly these photos never found their way to the blog until mid-November.  You still want to see them though, right?








I thought I'd just skip posting about them but I liked them so much, I just had to finish it out.


Katie considered carving a pumpkin but then
decided unscrewing Will's head worked
just as well...
Pumpkin Mania on the Steps of Old Morrison
Christina's owl

MR's Mummy Cat

There has been some debate over
whether or not Christina has created a
self-pumpkin.  I say "yes."  What do you say?


March Madness Performance just before Lexington's 10th annual Thriller Parade

Art Car -- seen on the way home from the Thriller parade (this thing was amazing).  I talked to the driver
at a stoplight.  She was driving home to eastern Kentucky from a parade in Ohio.
She says she "won't spend any money ever in the unconstitutional republic of
Lexington because of the smoking ban inside public places."  Personally,
I really like our smoking ban...



Will's photo here really is the end of Halloween.
He didn't trick or treat instead he went "Candy Jacking"
whereby you just go to the houses with baskets
of candy left out and take some handfuls.  He claims he left
some for other people...
"Do not take my picture..."


This picture just makes me laugh and laugh.  MR
Christina were going to be Elpheba and Galinda
from Wicked for ballet class on Halloween night.
But Kroger was out of green face paint, so they both stood at
their closets ( I only saw MR do this) and talked through what
they could be.  The result:  Black Swan and White Swan. I'm going to save this picture for ever next to their Bellatrix and Hermione
impersonations.  Even now, two weeks later, I cannot stop laughing at it.  Everyone should have a best friend who is their alter-ego...(to note: Christina is really not at all like Bellatrix or the Black Swan but she sure captures the look!)

And this picture.  It was a prompt for The Cathedral Writing group last week. 
Go ahead, you write your own caption for it.

2 comments:

iselby said...

Am I the only one with internet anymore? Where are all the readers?

These posts have been pure gold lately (and always)!! I especially like the unconstitutional smoking ban law conversation and MR's halloween costume. See, everyone? High school can be fun!

couponsforzipcodes said...

Nice pictures.Seems you really enjoyed this Halloween.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails