Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More real estate stories...

One day I'm going to write for you all the true story of how I became a Realtor. Seriously, I did not ever think, "when I grow up I want to be a Realtor." It happened in a more organic kind of way. However, my grandmother, along with being an attorney, was a real estate agent so perhaps it was there in my blood all along.

Although, I never aspired to be a Realtor until February 8, 2005, I haven't ever regretted the decision. Why? Because I'm never bored. I may have days that are frustrating but I never, ever have boring days. And, I never have the same day twice!

For example, it's not every job where you can have learning moments like this:

A buyer-client called me yesterday to tell me that she had seen a for-sale-by-owner home on line that interested her. I call the owner after finding the on-line listing myself to see if I can set up a time for a showing today. The owner says, "well...you see, that might not work. My soon-to-be ex-husband is still living in the house with a guy friend of his and he doesn't know that I'm trying to sell the house. So, I guess I'd better tell him that I think we should sell it. How about if I call you back?"

I don't know about you, but I think I can see one of the problems in their marriage.

Note to self for both best marriage practices and home-selling: Never try to sell your house without telling your spouse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails