Monday, April 5, 2010

Not at home in the Bluegrass

If you've been wondering where this blog went for the last week...it went on Spring Break to South Carolina (of course) but also to New York via Charleston and back to South Carolina!  All came to an end on Sunday morning at 3 a.m. after a long drive home --  nothing like a late night drive to be home in time for Easter (and to work on Sunday...sigh).    

We spent four days last week in New York going shopping, to theater, to more shops, museums, lunch at the Plaza, hanging out with Isabug and David (unanimously voted by the Mathews family as the very best part of New York!!!).  I'll try to get some pictures up here later even though they aren't actually in the Bluegrass.  At right is a nice picture of how Williamson girls like to spend their time at the beach.  Where were the boys?  Surfing.  Apparently, cold water is not a problem for them -- Will didn't even have on a wet suit!  We love Sullivan's Island and we love the Selbies.  Thanks Auntie Lynda!

3 comments:

iselby said...

We love the Mathewsies! David and I also voted that you all were the best part of NYC (while you were here).. Come back soon!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I can't seem to stop thinking about Magnolia Bakery banana pudding this afternoon, Isabug. Why, oh why, did you let me have a taste of that?!?!?!

iselby said...

Ha ha ha! It's the perfect banana pudding for non banana pudding lovers. Am I right?

I think about it often too, and resist the urge to run downstairs and get some.. sometime I give in, especially when there are cousins around!

P.S. Did you hear about how sweet Will is? He bought me an ice cream cone from one of the trucks! I owe him one next time I'm in Lexington now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails