Thursday, February 5, 2009

Clean Steel


One thing I'll say for lots of snow days (and working from home today with a sick child) is the opportunity to catch up on some of my professional magazines (as well as cleaning out every closet in the house)So far, I've caught up on a few back issues of Realtor magazine, and the Real Estate Professional.

I came across one of my favorite pieces that Realtor magazine does every year: it's their story on best home improvements for the resale buck. As usual, kitchens and baths have the highest rate of return. I also found it interesting that the expectation is to have stainless steel appliances across every price level. Don't you wonder if one day we'll look at a kitchen with stainless steel appliances and think the same things we do now about harvest gold? Anyway, if you're replacing appliances anytime soon and think you might be selling in the near future, stainless steel might be worth the extra dollar difference. However, in replacing my own refrigerator in the not distant past, I discovered Clean Steel which looks exactly like stainless except it costs less, doesn't show fingerprints and VERY important in our house...magnets will stick to it! Definitely worth checking out! I have heard that you need to be careful mixing Clean Steel appliances with stainless steel in that the difference in surfaces can be noticeable.

By the way, if you are putting your house on the market, take the magnets off the refrigerator. All of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails