Friday, September 26, 2008

Craigslist fame...

Every now and then I google my name to see what comes up and I was surprised to find myself the subject of this on-line article regarding Craigslist. I've been a big fan of Craigslist and I post both listings and rental properties there because it provides just one more source to get property in front of the market. Anyway, I had my rental house on Pin Oak "stolen" a couple of months back by somebody impersonating me. I had some hilarious calls from prospective renters who filled me in on the impersonation as well as a college friend who saw a warning posted about me -- that I was a fraudulent scammer. A few days later I got a call from a web reporter who ended up writing this on-line article at Webpro news about the story. Most of his facts are correct (except that I do still use Craigslist regularly). You can click on the link above if you want to read the article. And, by the way, I am the real Gwen Mathews and I am not in a hurry to get back to welding in Africa.

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails