Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Speedy News of the Day

Sassy came in 4th place which is, in fact, "in the money".  Pretty exciting as she was coming off of a lovely summer vacation so in all, a terrific showing.  Connie thinks she'll be running again at Keeneland before the meet is over.

And in other racing news, my friend and old neighbor Lisbeth Kenyon won her 3rd consecutive world championship Iron Man title in Hawaii last Saturday.  There's so much I could write about this but I just sit in awe of her.   She's an amazing athlete plus she's a wonderful person and a great mom.  Her marathon time (after having just swum 2.4 miles and biked 112 miles) is still faster than my 5K time.  Okay, now that I say that, I'm wondering if she's actually human!

So, who wants to go running with me? The Iron Horse Half Marathon in Midway is next weekend -- let's do it!

4 comments:

mere said...

How old is Lisbeth?
BTW everybody, I made some comments finally on the posts below. Sorry about the delay.

Gwennie said...

We missed you!

She's 46. I think her times are better now than when she was in her twenties. Go figure. There are about 1800 entrants with 50 men and 30 women who qualify as professional/Elite -- all age groups. Then everybody else are age group entrants and they start 30 minutes later than the professionals. Some of the top age group people like Lisbeth have sponsors. The move to Rhode Island (plus the kids getting older too, I'm sure) has been really good for her as there's a bigger triathlete community there than we had in KY.

iselby said...

Mere, are you thinking about doing a triathalon??

mere said...

H*ll no!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails