Monday, October 17, 2011

My backyard...an update

I swear this is true.  We have a Squunk.  That's right, a squirrel with a skunk tail.  And no, I don't have a picture of it yet but Will, Marc and I have all seen it.  It's a mutant squirrel with an extra bonus add-on white skunk tail.  Will told me about it and I sort of paid attention but didn't realize the incredible awesomeness of what he was talking about until I saw it myself on Saturday night.  We were having Marc's 96-year old mother over for dinner when it caught my eye through the window.  I was trying to explain its presence to Grandma but since she won't wear hearing aids all she got was that we had a squirrel in the backyard. 

She just smiled and said, "Oh, I used to have squirrels sometimes, do you have a lot of squirrels?"

"NO GRANDMA THIS IS NOT JUST ANY SQUIRREL.  IT HAS A SKUNK TAIL!!!"

"Oh, that's nice..."

She smiled some more.  We gave up.  I think she thinks we might be kind of squirrelly ourselves.

I love my backyard!

4 comments:

mere said...

Ahhhh I hope I catch sight this weekend of Squirrley Le Peuw. You should call someone in the zoology dept at UK or Transy.

flats in pune said...

Wonderful post i really enjoyed reading it..Thanks for the post.

utah lodges said...

Looking good. Hope to see some more photos.

Peddie said...

the label is also hilarious!!!! I love your backyard too!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails