Friday, July 22, 2011

Out and about...

In a continued attempt to make the Summer of 2011 the best ever and warp my children's sensibilities, last night I took MR and Christina to The Rocky Horror Show playing at Summerfest.  Nothing beats theater outside at the Arboretum. Although, in truth I think I really prefer my theater indoors without bugs and with a proper seat.  I'm getting old for three hours of sitting on a blanket.

Last night's Rocky Horror -- playing through Saturday night at the Arboretum-- really was a treat on so many levels.  My highlight was that one of my college friends, Jerome McIlvain, played the role of Riff Raff to perfection.  As a mom, I have to thank him for making me cool.  MR and Christina were so impressed that I was friends with him in an ordinary mom is friends with uber-talented actor kind of way! 

MR was fascinated by the man sitting next to her in the nice plaid shorts who sang every line of the movie in complete monotone. His girlfriend was hushing him at first but then later she also started singing.  What more can you expect at Rocky Horror!?

They also kept announcing that the content of the show might not be appropriate for children under the age of 16 and there would be no ticket refunds if you were offended and wanted to leave.  I jokingly suggested we shouldn't go in to which C and MR both said, "YOU TOOK US TO SPRING AWAKENING!"

Oh yeah.  I do discourage the watching of Spongebob Squarepants though.

And on that note, happy times to all.  My bags are packed and ready for Alaska!  Whoo hoo!!!  

2 comments:

iselby said...

You are a cool mom :)

Nice glasses, girls!

Peddie said...

Oh, you are such a good mom.




pffff... I also wanted to say that I liked the glasses, and then looked left. Oh, Isabug.

You really are a cool mom though - yay talented Transvestites (heeheehohoeaaah!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails