Friday, July 1, 2011

My pilgrim returns...

My little pilgrim returned last night at 7:36 p.m.  Marc and I picked her up at the airport and stopped to get Christina (her BFF) on the way to the airport.  While it seems like MR was gone forever (she was at camp the week before Italy and only home for a few days before leaving), I only started really missing her yesterday.  I think I was to happy for her to be on her trip, that letting myself miss her might have sent some bad karma!  Anyway, I'm thrilled to have my girl back.  There was an awful lot of boy-ness over here.  A mom can only talk so much baseball stats and baseball bat composition before needing a dose of fashion (although we did watch Ugly Betty on Netflix anyway.  The boys miss all the subtlty of the really good fashion jokes though, like, "she's so dumb she thinks Emporio Armani and and Giorgio Armani are brothers."  Marc said, "aren't they?").


American girls in Orvietto.  Marc to Mary Rollins, "Did they know you were Americans?"  Mary Rollins to Marc, "Yeah...I'm pretty sure they knew." 
 Mary Rollins had the best time.  She arrived home tan, exhausted and full of stories.  Hopefully, her suitcase will arrive this morning.  At least she saw it in Charlotte so we know it's in the US.  She's currently sleeping away her jet lag.  It's nice to have everyone home.

4 comments:

iselby said...

What a beautiful backdrop! Hope the bag gets back to you safely.

Welcome home MR!

mere said...

I'm so glad she got home safely with or without her suitcase and that she had a great time! (and that you have your girl back...I am surrounded by male-ness at home and suffer for it!)

Peddie said...

They look like some fun-having girls! What a beautiful background! Oh, isabug already said that... I need to reed comments before typing my own (or not?)

Please let us know if the trustworthy suitcase returns!

iselby said...

I think that Claire and I usually are thinking the same thing...

Maybe only one of us needs to comment from now on?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails