Friday, July 15, 2011

Look! Harry Potter People!

We did it!  MR, Graff, Christina, Will and I kissed a going-to-bed Marc good-bye and left for Fayette Mall at 10 pm for our 12:30 am showing of Harry Potter and the DH2 stopping at Orange Leaf as Frojos closes at 10 pm (too bad that didn't stay open late for HP) and then heading to the theater.  I was going to get coffee-flavored frozen yogurt but opted for Butter Pecan topped with various chocolate candy bar bits instead hoping that that plus my 9:30 pm iced coffee would provide the caffeinated jolt I needed to last until 3 am.  As we entered Orange Leaf there weren't too many costumed folks there, but I heard someone exclaim as Bellatrix and Hermione and the Muggle Boys emerged from my car,  "Look!  Harry Potter People!".  And indeed, Mary Rollins and Christina were some of the very best Potter people I saw all night.

Hermione is carrying her own copy of The Tales of Beadle the Bard and is accompanied by her house elf, Cleo,
who magically appears in many photos

Up close the Gryffindor badge was pretty cool.

Christina as Bellatrix.  She really was the best Bellatrix I saw. 

The Death Eater's mark up close -- drawn in eyeliner by Christina's mom -- she's got skills!

There's that pesky house elf again (I wish it would do some actual work around the house).



Hermione and Mrs. Granger

Mrs. Granger and her fellow Muggles.  They acted like they were embarrassed by the girls
but I don't really think so...

She might be scarier than the real Bellatrix.

Emma Watson Junior with the real Emma Watson.

This left me speechless with joy and taking a picture in a bathroom stall -- a definite first.

7 comments:

iselby said...

Lots of funny things happen in your kitchen :)

I love all the costumes (especially yours, Auntie!) and MR and Christina look like the real deal!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Those girls were quality!

Hmmmm...about my kitchen. We do seem to spend an awful lot of time in there.

Peddie said...

As interneters say...

THIS POST IS FULL OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I had been wondering who drew the dark mark! I showed Michi (Bene's mom) the pictures and we were both VERY impressed by young Bellatrix, and she agreed that MR looks so much like Emma Watson. We also love that house elf. I want to pat her fat belly just thinking about it... why did Graff decide not to be Hagrid?

And no kidding... your kitchen is a real photography studio for our family.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Christina's mom is uber-talented. She paints and is an accountant which I thought were mutually exclusive skills. And she's gorgeous like her daughter (She was my blonde friend I sat with at the island during the Claireware party at Christmas).

MR let Graff off the hook for costuming so the mini-beard is now just to make the boys at the Domain think he's cooler when he's counselor next week. And, I'm pretty sure David could grow a beard to rival Graff's. There's too much cuteness going on here.

I wish the Selby girls all lived in Lexington. Then we could fall on the floor laughing in my kitchen more often.

Peddie said...

Somebody grab a baguette!!!

I love the beard. Can David actually grow one?

iselby said...

Yes, fall down in kitchen laughing!!!

Peddie, are you going to be able to make it to KY this Christmas?

Unknown said...

I came here to see if Claire ever responded to Isabelle... I was telling a co-worker (one that i confide in) today that since we can't take vacation in december i'm planning a december "sick" day if it means seeing more selby/mathews peeps. gotta have that slumber party, ya know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails