Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I'm Baaacck!!!

And just in time for my Lenten discipline!  I think I'll just go ahead and it a point to try to post more in the coming weeks.

I spent last weekend in Allentown visiting MR at college and she reminded me how much I used to enjoy keeping track of my life and our family on the blog but life gets busy with work, kids (even ones that are increasingly independent), parents, and church activities and you get out of the habit in spite of the best intentions.  This time last year, my mom was in rehab for two broken hips, MR was finishing up her senior year and Will was playing lots of lacrosse and Marc's mom was in the nursing home and growing weaker.  What a difference a year makes.  Marc's mom has been gone almost a year, my mom is home with Dad and they have great help, Mary Rollins is at college in Pennsylvania, and Will just recently got his driver's license, a car and a part-time job.  These days I don't even feel like I'm living the same life I was a year ago.  I have weird gaps of free time that I haven't had in oh...18 years or so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails