Thursday, March 8, 2012

What girls eat...

Here in the Bluegrass this week, we have just girls.  What?  Yes, the boys, Marc and Will, have left in my Odyssey to go to New Orleans.  They left at noon yesterday for a much anticipated trip to the SEC Tournament.  For those readers, not familiar with what an SEC Tournament is that stands for the SouthEastern Conference Tournament in which it is highly likely that the University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball team will be the champions.  The boys should have a great time and they have already sent me pictures of Will in Jackson Square and Will standing in front of Cafe du Monde, pictures of the Superdome and pictures of their hotel room.  I am so proud of them.  They not only sent pictures but they remembered to TAKE pictures.  A first, I believe.

Tofu with Sesame Ginger Noodles
Meanwhile, the girls are home having girlie times.  In actuality at this very moment of 8:04 p.m. I am at the office working (and blogging) and MR is at ballet rehearsal.  But last night, we had girlie food. I made Tofu with Sesame Ginger Noodles.  They were delicious thanks very much to my BFF Rachel Ray.  And, cheese-less. 

I sent the photo to the right to Will as a text message.  His response was "Nasty."

That said, I'm off now to drive girls home from ballet and then Mary Rollins and I are going to have a big night of leftovers and Vampire Diaries. 

Life is good (and a little weird without the boys). 

5 comments:

iselby said...

That is so sweet! I want some sesame noodles with tofu. Can I come over?

I am also boyless, but it's just me and Charlie and she is not very fun to hang out with (she's no ballerina) but we did share a turkey burger last night. Maybe I should clarify - She took half my burger and ran away with it.

mere said...

Hey Sis, I hope you will make me some of that "nasty" food when I come next week!!!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

We can have all the nasty food you want! Although, you dear sister, do tend to like nastier food than I.

iselby said...

TRUE!

Unknown said...

Yum!

Andy and I have tickets for the ncaa tournament games in louisville next thursday/saturday. i can't wait!

I'm boyless Easter weekend (starting the Thursday before).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails