Saturday, November 15, 2008

Floracliff Nature Sanctuary

Most Lexingtonians know about Raven Run Nature Preserve out on the Southeast side of Lexington. Personally, I've been hiking at Raven Run for years when I need a quick hike fix and don't have time to head to the Gorge for the day. The Herald-Leader highlighted three other Kentucky areas that are featured in a new book called Wildlands Philanthropy of which one, Floracliff Nature Sanctuary, is right here in Fayette County. I first heard about Floracliff a year ago or so and while haven't had a chance to get there myself, I wanted to share the link to their website. Unlike Raven Run, Floracliff is only open to the public on a very limited basis with guided hikes. You can click on the title above to access Floracliff's website which gives you upcoming events as well as more information about Floracliff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails